Part Time Contract (1099)HR Consultant
We are a HR Consulting Firm that partners with clients to ensure their Human Resource function is aligned with the mission of the organization to maximize their impact in their respective business/nonprofit sector. Our business is growing and we need to bring on team members to work with our clients. This role is an independent contractor role with hours that vary each week. This 1099 HR Business Partner Contract role will bill a maximum of 20 hours per week. Must be available for meetings during the hours of 9am-5pm EST. This is a great role for customer focused HR professional who want to see an immediate impact from their work. Ideal candidates will have worked as an HR department of
Typical Job Duties Include:
· Developing and executing HR procedures and policies, providing guidance and interpretation for business operations
· Developing training for managers and staff
· Administering benefits, compensation, and employee performance programs
· Suggest, develop and implement new procedures and policies to continually improve efficiency of the organization as a whole, and to improve employee experience
· Ensure legal compliance of HR state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required
· Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to employees in relation to employee handbook, policies, absence and health issues, conduct and capability, organizational change, and all other employee-relations matters
· Development, interpretation, and updated of employee handbook, and policies
· Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
· Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
· Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
· Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
Education and Experience:
• Must have recent experience developing policies and handbooks independently or as a department of one.
• Experience with change management
• Experience in the selection and implementation of HRIS system
• Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
• At least 5 years of human resource business partner and management experience required.
• Certifications are a plus.