Sr. HR Generalist
The Sr. HR Generalist serves in a hands-on role providing outstanding service and support to assigned business groups. You are the go-to problem solver, and you have the ability to process multiple tasks for various disciplines with competing deadlines. You have a meticulous attention to detail, with a balanced and compassionate approach. You enjoy creating streamlined processes and improving efficiency to accommodate an ever-changing environment.
We're looking for a confident, "go-getter" Senior HR Generalist to play a direct role in our team's success. You must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, meeting the high expectations of our disciplines, while still being able to navigate and deliver amidst daily changing priorities. Sound like you?
· Act as “go-to” HR person in the Chicago office
· Collaborates within HR team, may take ownership to roll out assigned people programs across US
· Manages the employee life-cycle from onboarding to offboarding, including initiation and welcoming new hires, and exit interviews
· Acts as a mediator, counselor, and facilitator in helping to resolve employee relations and performance issues. Uses care and judgment to ensure fairness and equity throughout the counseling process.
· Interprets, educates and provides support and counsel on HR policies as necessary; ensures fair and consistent application of company policies, procedures, federal and state laws
· Identify and implement strategies which improve employee engagement.
· Formulates and evaluates reports and data to provide appropriate analytical recommendations to our disciplines
· Maintains knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations concerning employment, and disseminates information as needed.
· Maintains accurate employee records and data and complies reports and analysis from the database.
· Facilitates Visa processing and management for assigned business groups, partnering with outside counsel
· Partner with office leadership, HR and DEI teams in measurement, employee communications, participation and general cultural events
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum 5 years human resources experience.
· Deep knowledge and understanding of how to interpret and run data using HRIS databases
· Keen Attention to Detail
· Experience with Affirmative Action Plans preferred
· Proven problem-solving ability, analytical skills, and experience providing recommendations based on assessment
· Ability to work independently and effectively plan and prioritize work to accomplish multiple projects with competing deadlines.
· Knowledge and experience with HR management systems and other HR software applications to track information and generate reports
· Must possess excellent planning, organizational skills and problem-solving skills.
· Must have excellent interpersonal, presentation and written skills.
· Strong Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills; Visio a plus